For dinner I tried Pullock (fish) and Humus! (not together lol) I am a fan - really enjoying the opportunities to try these new things! =)
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday & Sunday
Good Sunday morning all! Yesterday (Saturday) was jammed with fun experiences; my apologies for a late blog! I moved from my hotel to Pam's place around noon. Her space is great and I am very comfortable - Pamela is such a precious hostess. After we settled in, caught up, and chatted for a bit we headed out for some fun in the sun, starting with a LONG walk through her favorite parts of Central Park! Once through there we grabbed the subway downtown to Bryant Park (where the NY fashion weeks are held!) and spent some time gawking inside the Library. Another subway trip later, we were in Union Sq. meandering through Farmer's Market on a quest to find idyllic nectarines (once found, SO worth the effort! Mmhm). Then we walked some more and found a Flea market and some vintage antique shops that were neat to spend some time in. At about 6:30pm we found Grand Central Station and took a train to Columbus Circle; popping into Whole Foods for some dinner. Another subway trip and we were home! We settled into Pam's futon with pillows, blankets and our dinners, preparing for girls movie night: "Pursuit of Happyness" and "The Holiday". Midnight marked bed time.
For dinner I tried Pullock (fish) and Humus! (not together lol) I am a fan - really enjoying the opportunities to try these new things! =)
For dinner I tried Pullock (fish) and Humus! (not together lol) I am a fan - really enjoying the opportunities to try these new things! =)
****
Today was very chillax. Pam and I slept in a bit and then just stayed in all day accomplishing odd's-n-ends. I purchased airfare home for Passport in September - yay! At 6:30pm we met Paige (one of Pam's friends who also is involved with Paradox) and hopped a bus to Morning Star New York's evening service at 7pm. It was a sweet service; good message, book-ended by special presentations from the Ugandan Children's Choir leading us in worship. A whole new meaning to "... a child-like faith." I wouldn't say I felt at home amidst this church, but I wasn't uncomfortable either. I don't know that I would return very much more ... Pastor Steve has spoiled me with His teaching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm enjoying your blogs. Sounds like you are having a good time. Love ya
Just talked with you -- thx for the call! How wonderful that you are making friendships and sharing time with special people. Continue to know that God has his plan in place for you and don't "outline" too much. Enjoy each day with all that it has to offer. Trust in a safe place awaiting you. Know how much we love you!
thank you grandma! xx
Post a Comment