Monday, August 25, 2008

Agency Adventures: Part 2

Happy Monday all! Today was such a surprise. Ramsey called with my itinerary; 3:30pm meet Aaron @ FORD, 4:30pm meet Connor (owner) @ Muse. Both appointments seemed to go well - time will tell, it is up to the Lord now, I did my part the best I could and that is all I can do.

The Lord found interesting ways of encouraging me and making me aware of His presence today! I was feeling anxious preparing for this week, and honestly felt a bit like sticking my head in the sand LOL. But perseverance is a virture and I'm learning more and more so is patience. I had a very enlightening conversation with Pam's host, Robert. He really gave me a good feel for the city life and just talked through some tactical things involved with moving here. Also, he showed me his sons apartment next door, where they are renovating it into a space similar to Pam's. I liked it; but as my Mom encouraged me on the phone, the Lord will provide when the time is right - and His provisions are never out of order. Thanks for keeping me focused Mom.

Before my appointment with FORD, an elderly gentleman passed by me (without interrupting my path or wanting anything from me) and said, "You need to know that you will be a Top Model, if you want to. You are SO beautiful." Then he continued on his way while all I managed was a smile and a "Thank you sir." Then an oriental man on his cell phone stopped me at a street corner outside FORD and asked which agency I was with, "I'm a photographer and would love to test with you." He gave me his card and requested my agent contact him. WOW. Leaving Muse, a beautiful African American girl stopped me and asked, "Are you modeling?" "Trying to!" I said. "Did you just speak with Connor at Muse?" She pursued, "Yes, yes I did. He's really sweet." "I know," she says "Connor is great. I work with him - I model for Muse." Gorgi is 19. Born in Africa, she moved to Paris at a very young age; hence, she carries a beautifully feminine accent in her speech. She continued on to share about New York and Paris, and she was SO encouraging to me to keep persevering because, "I've seen a lot of girls in Paris and here come through the industry, you will do very well. You will get an agency that loves you, you will walk the runway here and in Paris! You will be in magazines! You will be great - you are gorgeous and just what they look for. Just keep going, don't be discouraged." WOW! Right before we split to go our separate ways home, she spotted a group of her friends across the street, and wanted to introduce me! Fernando. A 2 week old 20, has been modeling since he was 15. He was born in Paris and it was there where he met Gorgi. He came to NYC a few years ago and signed with IMG (OMG! my dream agency ok?) and his book is ... I kid you not ... I am speechless. Just breathtaking - everything is a tear sheet from some huge magazine editorial spread I only dream of being in someday. He was so helpful and also encouraging me to just keep in there and "Hold your head high!"

I am in awe at the connections the Lord has provided me with today. Gorgi and Fernando have a sweet energy about them and it was so refreshing to meet models who are not defensive, competitive, and catty! But rather, SO encouraging and successful! Definitely will be (hopefully) friends to maintain contact with. I don't know why I am so surprised, the Lord has always taken care of me ... right down to my insecurities.

*kisses!*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning KM. I sent a comment yesterday after reading your wonderful blog entry but it never showed up. So, a quick try again this morning. My some reason, Outlook email is kicking back my outgoing mail. Anyway, what a fabulous day you had, doors opening, and new contacts being presented. The Lord is working overtime!!. Much Love Every Day

Unknown said...

You're doing great. I'm proud of you. And, I'm havin'lots of fun using Google Earth to locate all of the New York locations you've mentioned. I can imagine your excitement. Love ya

Kayla Michelle said...

thanks you two =)