Thursday, August 28, 2008
Agency Adventures: Part 5
Thursday - the last day of the week for productivity in the fashion realm. Met with Karen at Elite at 1pm ... was sooooo nervous for this appointment. We're talking BIG time stakes and Karen is definitely a big deal; as head of the new faces/development board and international scout for the agency including their Supermodel of the World contest ... she's got a bit to brag about.
But she was so genuine and very cool. She sat me down in a conference room and chatted for a bit about my plans moving to the city. She was very positive, saying I have a great physique, amazing skin, and beautiful eyes. She asked me to fill out some paper work for future reference and then took some Pols and my height.
"Thank you! I want to talk it out and show the Polaroids to my board and we'll be in touch with Ramsey."
In the beginning of our appointment, she shared with me that this is likely the least condusive time for me to be meeting agencies because everyone is slammed with the S/S '09 show packages coming out for the season. This was/is a dire concern of mine ... and I don't understand Ramsey telling me before coming out here that this is the best time (?) it's just all a bit confusing.
Ramsey has not heard from Josh at Fusion (my appointment yesterday) but I have =) Josh emailed me to thank me for coming in yesterday and to let me know that they are discussing/reviewing my pictures "... it's very busy with the shows now." Confirmation. It is a good sign (?) that he took the moment to email me amidst their hectic day, at least provides me some hope that there is interest on their end and that I am on his mind!
FYI: Wilhelmina, IMG, Code, & Next said "No." Have not yet heard from: Elite, Muse, Trump, Ford (?) or, technically (as far as Ramsey is concerned), Fusion.
I am attempting to contact Jule at CLICK who I met with back in June. She was excited about signing me but wanted me to come back (now) when the season was kicking-off. She is out of the office until next Tuesday, however.
But she was so genuine and very cool. She sat me down in a conference room and chatted for a bit about my plans moving to the city. She was very positive, saying I have a great physique, amazing skin, and beautiful eyes. She asked me to fill out some paper work for future reference and then took some Pols and my height.
"Thank you! I want to talk it out and show the Polaroids to my board and we'll be in touch with Ramsey."
In the beginning of our appointment, she shared with me that this is likely the least condusive time for me to be meeting agencies because everyone is slammed with the S/S '09 show packages coming out for the season. This was/is a dire concern of mine ... and I don't understand Ramsey telling me before coming out here that this is the best time (?) it's just all a bit confusing.
Ramsey has not heard from Josh at Fusion (my appointment yesterday) but I have =) Josh emailed me to thank me for coming in yesterday and to let me know that they are discussing/reviewing my pictures "... it's very busy with the shows now." Confirmation. It is a good sign (?) that he took the moment to email me amidst their hectic day, at least provides me some hope that there is interest on their end and that I am on his mind!
FYI: Wilhelmina, IMG, Code, & Next said "No." Have not yet heard from: Elite, Muse, Trump, Ford (?) or, technically (as far as Ramsey is concerned), Fusion.
I am attempting to contact Jule at CLICK who I met with back in June. She was excited about signing me but wanted me to come back (now) when the season was kicking-off. She is out of the office until next Tuesday, however.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
2nd Try. Hi Young Lady: It sounds like you have accomplished a lot in the few days you've been there. Still have some stirring going on and one for sure fun thing in the pocket. So, remember it only takes one. Also, hold onto the amazing number of "happen-stances" you've shared. You've seen LOTS of the Big Apple. Waiting along with you, Major HUGS
Post a Comment