Thursday, August 21, 2008
Agency Adventures: Part 1
Day 1 of appointments, meetings, with NY agencies. I'm rather proud of myself *pats herself on the back* as today marks the conquering of my first solo excursion on the Subway transportation system - SO painless! "Why," I ask myself, "did I choose a 40something block hour-long walk yesterday when I could have paid a $2 fair for an 8min subway ride?" LOL my subconcious demanded the exercise I guess. My appointments this afternoon still required a fair amount of walking. I'm learning to be grateful for my flip-flops and the exercise.
3pm with Wilhelmina and 4pm with MC2 (squared); both were positive encounters and took their own respective sets of Polaroids for reference. The agents review/assess all noob's (pron. "new-bee's") and together come to a collective decision regarding their interest (or lack there-of) in the girl ... ME! =] I am optimistic; however, hardly over-confident, and have been surprisingly peaceful all day - even now as I reflect on the days comings and goings. I found myself praying as I waited in the agency lobbies, "Lord, Your Will be done here." It's a blessing how I feel Him so near as I am so far removed from all that is familiar and comfortable to me.
Here's a little video I threw together marking the end of my day, at about 6pm:
BTW: my dinner's something like an iceberg ... what you can't see below the surface is all crunchy water =P I love Whole Foods' Dinner Bar: mixed greens & (what you see) tofu, cranberries, broccoli, boiled egg, black beans, kidney beans, chick peas, walnuts, melon, grapes ... bout a pinch of everything LOL oh and Fuji water! Seriously the best way to eat healthy & cost effectively! Can you tell I got really excited to eat dinner? =P ok moving on ...
Tomorrow is Friday which means a day off for me - appointments are not the agents favorite things to work into their schedules while wrapping the week. So tomorrow Ramsey will follow up on feedback from today's appointments. I'll hit the pavement Monday and early next week with more meetings on the agenda.
GOOD NEWS! I received email confirmation this afternoon regarding Macy's Passport 2008! I am so ecstatic about booking this job - it will return me to the West Coast sooner than expected, for a few weeks, and the job is such a blast! Now the challenge is where I will stay and with whom. I've already connected with another gal who worked Passport last year; we're both looking for a situation we can share with a few of the models to make it cheaper all around. On top of already being an extravaganza - this years Passport will be featured as a Cinema presentation in 20+ cities across the nation! That's right, I will be on TV. Yippee!!! A whole day at the end of the LA tour will be dedicated to filming the broadcast. More details still to come regarding this exciting prospect!
I'm not sure yet what to do with myself tomorrow all by my ones-y! I did happen to spot some good-looking grub-getting spots along my street here, so I look forward to exploring around a bit. In case you were wondering, shopping is out of the question! =P
All my love,
Kayla
3pm with Wilhelmina and 4pm with MC2 (squared); both were positive encounters and took their own respective sets of Polaroids for reference. The agents review/assess all noob's (pron. "new-bee's") and together come to a collective decision regarding their interest (or lack there-of) in the girl ... ME! =] I am optimistic; however, hardly over-confident, and have been surprisingly peaceful all day - even now as I reflect on the days comings and goings. I found myself praying as I waited in the agency lobbies, "Lord, Your Will be done here." It's a blessing how I feel Him so near as I am so far removed from all that is familiar and comfortable to me.
Here's a little video I threw together marking the end of my day, at about 6pm:
BTW: my dinner's something like an iceberg ... what you can't see below the surface is all crunchy water =P I love Whole Foods' Dinner Bar: mixed greens & (what you see) tofu, cranberries, broccoli, boiled egg, black beans, kidney beans, chick peas, walnuts, melon, grapes ... bout a pinch of everything LOL oh and Fuji water! Seriously the best way to eat healthy & cost effectively! Can you tell I got really excited to eat dinner? =P ok moving on ...
Tomorrow is Friday which means a day off for me - appointments are not the agents favorite things to work into their schedules while wrapping the week. So tomorrow Ramsey will follow up on feedback from today's appointments. I'll hit the pavement Monday and early next week with more meetings on the agenda.
GOOD NEWS! I received email confirmation this afternoon regarding Macy's Passport 2008! I am so ecstatic about booking this job - it will return me to the West Coast sooner than expected, for a few weeks, and the job is such a blast! Now the challenge is where I will stay and with whom. I've already connected with another gal who worked Passport last year; we're both looking for a situation we can share with a few of the models to make it cheaper all around. On top of already being an extravaganza - this years Passport will be featured as a Cinema presentation in 20+ cities across the nation! That's right, I will be on TV. Yippee!!! A whole day at the end of the LA tour will be dedicated to filming the broadcast. More details still to come regarding this exciting prospect!
I'm not sure yet what to do with myself tomorrow all by my ones-y! I did happen to spot some good-looking grub-getting spots along my street here, so I look forward to exploring around a bit. In case you were wondering, shopping is out of the question! =P
All my love,
Kayla
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats on Passport!
You have made lots of people happy with this blog and it will allow you to quickly keep us all updated. I'm delighted you have that sense of peace. Hold onto the knowledge that you are never alone. We are really excited for you KM and it sounds like things are moving along gradually but smoothly. Much love G'ma
Thanks for the updates, honey. It's 'nearly' as good as being there with you (okay, not really -- but still nice!) Miss you, Love you and so proud of you!
xo Mom
Hi Kayla!
It's brooooke :o)... Umh yeah so I'm kinda missing you. But no big i shall survive. So at the moment, I'm on the computer (obviously) and mother and I are both highly delusional as it is getting late, and I woke up ridiculously early for my first day of school (as a senior, thank you). So we are both laughing at the smallest of things... So she is telling me I gots to go to bed so I guess I will have to stalk your blog some other time :(. But I looooove you as always and forever.
Keep on shining,
ME!
Thank you for all your encouraging comments! I love you all - know that your thoughts and prayers are felt here, and your wisdom is strengthening!
Post a Comment