Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Macy's Passport SF 2008


Hello everyone! Above is a photo/video montage covering Macy's Passport to Fashion 2008 San Francisco! The production is incredible this year and, as always, the people are so fun. The family is growing! I have been blessed and encouraged by new friends and contacts made. It is such a great opportunity and coveted experience! Celebrity appearances include Alex de Silva (World renowned salsa dancer and choreographer for "So You Think You Can Dance"), Brian Friedman's dancers, the Jabawockeez, "Marilyn Monroe", and guest appearances by Christian Audigier (designer for Ed Hardy), and Tommy Hilfiger. A star-studded event for certain.

I am in 4 segments (10 make the show) #2 is Dark Shadows, #6 is Calvin Klein, #8 is I.N.C. (which I close), and #10 is Ed Hardy (which I open as a double with my girl Sofia!). It appears I am the only girl in so many segments! Quite a compliment. I am really enjoying having so many diverse personalities to play in the show. Dark Shadows is very goth (I have a Mohawk people!) and asks for LOTS of irritated attitude. Calvin Klein is simple, subdued, manic an-esque, a palette cleanser for the audience. I.N.C. is set as a salsa club ("Club Caliente") and is fun, flirty, and sexy. Finally (but probably my favorite) is Ed Hardy; we're bad, we're hot, we're too cool for school, and we're a fashion revolution. The most energy is asked of us for this segment as it is the closing of the show as well. I love that each time I step onto the runway, I can play a different character and let different sides of my personality and performer shine! SO FUN

So many memories will last me another year =) It is good to see some familiar faces, but there are many noobs (pron. "new-bee's") this year as well. I've found myself much more comfortable and confident this year; my focus is working hard, enjoying the moments and having FUN! I guess it's showing because I've gotten many rave reviews! YAY! Always eager to please =)

On to Los Angeles tomorrow!

2 comments:

nana said...

love it mama!...im adding u to my blog roll

Kayla Michelle said...

and you're on mine babe! xx