Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Beginning of the End
Hi all. Well, Fusion said they're going to pass right now ... and CLICK is swamped with the shows this week so Jule said she'd meet me after they're over. It is really just the worst timing for me to be knocking on the doors of agencies - agents are overwhelmed with the show season and are simply not thinking about taking on new girls. So the odds are against me, and an already difficult industry to break into is impossible at this time of season.
However, the Lord's provision and timing are always perfect. This morning I received a phone call from Michael Boris - a designer I worked with in California just before leaving for NYC - not only is he working it out for me to be their model shot for the LookBook; but he offered me a job in his showroom to work with him and his crew amongst his designs! I meet with him tomorrow to discuss the details of the position and what will be required of me, but basically I have a job to come back to after Passport! This position will, hopefully, not only supply me with the financial backing to be here, but will help educate me on all the important fabrics, textures, and design elements! Michael worked for Armani for 30+ years before heading out to build his own line ... he has many years of industry experience he is wanting to share with me and I am so enthused to learn! Again, I will know more details tomorrow and am looking forward to our appointment.
Thank you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FANTASTIC! It ain't over 'til it's over :-). What a wonderful opportunity. He saw something special in you and that was just the tip of your "specialness". The Lord has been with you this entire experience (and earlier) deciding who to put in your path. I'm excited and happy for you. Your meeting tomorrow will go well. Look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment