I am in New York for my career. I am not a party-girl. At the same time, what good am I if I ostracize myself and stay in every night? Going out with friends, making connections, is part of the package. As with any opportunity in life, it is through awareness, knowledge, and the choices we make in regards to such opportunities that shape our character. My career is a business and I respect it as such. There are too many negatives associated for me to hold focus in any other area readily available to me, i.e. parties.
On another note, I have been blessed by the people who make up the group I go out with. It struck me one night as we were eating dinner; this is a "family". We are all faced with the same challenges. We understand the hardships associated with our chosen industry. We are removed from what is familiar and comfortable to us, including our families. It is a blessing to see how we all support, encourage, and protect one another. They all are aware of the desperate need for loyalty in such a fickle industry. On another note, I was unfortunately with out my camera this particular night, instead of alcohol consumption we had a tea/coffee party. There is always SUCH laughter and good times. No one was drunk this night. And again, I kick myself for forgetting my camera =)
When visiting my blog, be prepared for my honesty. I posted party entries because that is what I was experiencing. I have nothing to hide. This is my world; the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly. I am writing this post as an explanation so as to clear any concern anyone may have had about my habits. Your prayers are always greatly appreciated, and felt! I am blessed to have people like you who love me enough to care about my life and the decisions/experiences/opportunities available to me.
Stay Tuned!
3 comments:
Beautifully written dear one. We know you, and the foundation on which you stand. Also your principles, and how important this job is to you. Your goals go way beyond self. The growth in job opportunities are proof your professional attitude and reliability are appreciated and respected. Keep on, keeping on!
thx g'ma =)
Again you show intent to stick with your principles and address your opportunities with awareness, knowledge, and choice: Can’t ask for more than that. Keep it up! You have done good, you are doing good and you will do good. Love ya
Post a Comment