My hands been dealt, the stakes are high.
All eyes on me, both critical and kind.
All cards on the table, my intuition - numb.
I regain confidence as the King of Hearts is found.
Struggling with second thoughts,
its "all or none".
My heart already up for the gamble,
what other sacrifices am I willing to make?
Winner takes all, yes, but I must consider the cost.
My face matches the games' namesake,
my assurance trembles with uncertainty.
Will these expectations be matched?
Can I afford to pay the price asked of me?
This is life - it's a gamble - a blind bet.
Given the hand I'm dealt
I'm doing my best.
It's either "luck of the draw" or favored odds.
Nothing is certain or can be promised.
Perhaps, victory isn't only reliant on a good set
but on my decision regarding
pursuit of happiness.
A gambling addict can lose everything
and a reckless decisions can end in pain.
But, through the unpredictability
I hold evidence of truth in my hand;
the King of Hearts already won my bet.
And so, I gamble.
And so, I pray.
And so, I live
with no regret.
2 comments:
Beautifully written! Obviously you are doing some deep thinking, and that's what you are so good at. We look forward to watching you follow your chosen path, wherever that leads you. Being blessed to have watched you grow into the beautiful young woman you are, just helps us know there is a lot more to come. Thanks for being YOU!
Editorial correction lol: Second sentence -- you are so good at that! Sorry, that bugged me when I reread my comment. G'ma
Post a Comment