Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Steak to my Ribs

All week my girl Megan (also w/ Red) has been bunking with me at the apartment while the lovebirds are in California for a time - celebrating their 1 year anniversary, amongst other obligations! It has been so wonderful to have this little red-headed bundle of joy and energy around me all week - we are sad to see our time here end, but we have a plan to stay very closely connected in the near future!

SNOW STORM! We were out in it all day, running to and fro castings, together for the majority of the time - it is so much more enjoyable when you have someone to do these outings with. We "get" each other really well so that helps.

This being her last night at my place, we splurged a little on a real nice home cooked meal ... I had lots of fun at the grocery store as she was choosing a blockbuster vid. Its been awhile since I've actually been able to cook something! Here's a clip of snow + our mad Top Chef skills.



We were very pleased with ourselves =)

On a different note, an update on my current employment status: my services as a shot-girl have been extended to the owners' midtown location as well ... guaranteeing me a likely two-nights a week schedule (one in each location) I am also being trained for bar tending duty slowly but surely. The staff are great and I'm enjoying the monetary benefits - no track towards a private jet but it makes me feel financially productive. I'm hoping the MoneyMonkey will find someone else's back to latch onto!

Castings will continually pick up frequency as we grow closer to Fashion Week ... there are mixed opinions on this seasons' prospective success across the board, due to the flailing economy. Some major designers have pulled out even. It will be interesting.

There are many opportunities taking shape as I look ahead at this year ... I can see the time flying by! I am eager to see how God messes up my plans ... or keeps them, who knows! =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a joy to read/see/hear from our NY'er and her girl friend. It must have been fun to share your daily lives. Quality time, to learn more about each other's personalities & lifestyles. Glad to hear castings have started and your extra job is expanding. As long as you are "listening for HIS plans", it's OK if HE "messes up your plans". :-). Keep on smiling dear one. You make me smile too! Luv 'ya!

Unknown said...

K ... so hearing that steak sizzle ... yeah, now you've gone and made me hungry! :-P. Glad you enjoyed your time with Megan, always nice to have good company. Thanks for sharing ... Love you sooooo much! xoxoxo Mama