I used to have a home. A place I started from. A place to call my own. Bright lights and late nights, the devil took me on a midnight ride, left me out in the desert on my own.
Now I feel alone. I need a hand to help me find my way back home. I'm a drifter out on a dead end road trying to find my way back home to get to you. Oh to get to you. Lord, I've been gone for far too long, headed to places I don't belong and I've got to get back home to you. Sometimes I think about the past and the road that I was on, the one that lead me home. I'll walk on another day, I may wander but I'll never stray, cause I found out the hard way sin don't pay. [
CHORUS] and when I feel the night is closing in and I can barely breathe the air - I just remember that I've got a friend who really cares, Oh who really cares. I'm a drifter out on a dead end road trying to find my way back home to get to you. Oh to get to you. Lord I've been gone for far too long, headed to places I don't belong and I've got to get back home to You.
--
"Drifter" - Decemberadio***
Let's all pack up and move this year. We'll slip the liars and disappear. We'll leave memories for auctioneers and those just standing still. They'll miss the taste of wanting you. Call out your name, like I still do. But they haven't said a word that's true and they only hold you down.
In this heartbreak world of "just imagine". With it's tired talk of "better days". In this heartbreak world where nothing matters, come on let's make this dream that's barely half awake, come true. Let's move out of Los Angeles and just drive until this summer gives. And forget the lives we used to live, cause we're gone. [
CHORUS]
--
"Heartbreak World" - Matt Nathanson***
My life, has led me down the road that's so uncertain and now I am left alone and I am broken,
trying to find my way, trying to find the faith that's gone. This time, I know that you are holding all the answers. I'm tired of losing hope and taking chances on roads that never seem to be the ones that bring me home. Give me a revelation, show me what to do, 'cause I've been trying to find my way, I haven't got a clue. Tell me should I stay here, or do I need to move? Give me a revelation, I've got nothing without You. I've got nothing without You. My life, has led me down this path that's ever winding. Through every twist and turn I'm always finding that I am lost again (I am lost again). Tell me when this road will ever end! [CHORUS] I don't know where I can turn, tell me when will I learn? Won't You show me where I need to go? Oh oh Let me follow Your lead, I know that it's the only way that I can get back home. [CHORUS] Oh, give me a revelation... I've got nothing without You. I've got nothing without You.
-- "Revelation" - Third Day
1 comment:
Powerful lyrics! Those are lessons we all have to learn (even in our old age). Thank you for putting them in print for us ... they become easier to grasp. Sounds like He is "leading you" home. Your travels will be smooth and your landing safe. 'Cause He is always leading the way. I love you dear one! Talk to you soon ...
Post a Comment