Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is this for real?!

Hi all =)

Today was fantastic! Well, I woke up late (10am as opposed to 8am) darn snooze button ... must've hit something off kilter in my manic groggy state! But, nonetheless I got up, threw on my running sneakers and bolted out the door with my iPod in tune. Just a block west, past B'way is a tree-lined trail off the coast =) it's beautiful, especially now with the leaves changing to yellows and reds!

I had a few errands to "run" (pun intended!) after my exercise so I brought along a shopping list and my debit card planning to stop into Duane Reade and then D'ag groceries. Phew! I got it all accomplished in about an hours time - was very proud of myself =) Feeling energized and chilled, I returned home to a text message for another casting call; raising todays tally to 3. So I scrambled to unload everything in its proper place, and then throw together some sense of "model-esque" appearance to rush out the door!

Here's the exciting part ... as I'm waiting at my first casting I get a phone call from Wendy (agent/booker) asking if I remembered casting for Oscar de la Renta on Monday (of course I did) "They loved you! And are booking you for their show December 22 in (drum roll please ... ) the Dominican Republic!!! DR is an island situated between Jamaica & Puerto Rico ... yeah I didn't know where it was either! lol But it sounds warm =) So needless to say, I was speechless and am totally ecstatic! The fitting is Monday and I will know more detailed information afterwards.

I'm still kinda in shock I think ... this makes me an international model guys! wow - my first passport stamp =)

Anyways, of course I called my mom as SOON as I left that casting, and then had to call dad too! Then walked and walked and walked some more to castings around SoHo ... naturally the train routes were not condusive to these locations which always means more walking required. Usually never far enough to justify a taxi fair ... but far enough nevertheless. I just got home and immediately sat down with my cup of hot chocolate, warm and comfy, ready to blog =) Well, it wasn't really hot chocolate ... its a calcium enriched chocolate Ensure drink and I sprinkled cinammon on top hehe

I'm ready for a nap <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Could NOT be more excited for you! Further confirmation that you are right where you belong and God is working his plan for you. Honey, this is amazing in such a short period of time. With all the castings you are getting, it's probably going to be here before you know it, because the jobs will start rolling in :-). So happy for you and proud of you!