Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it Snow!

OKAY, so, I was sitting here thinking .... thinking real hard .... staring at an empty blog post trying desperately to find something interesting to share with ya'll today.

Utterly defeated .... I went to clean the bathroom.

"KAYLA! It's snowing come see!" Micah yells from the back bedroom.
"Really!?" As I bolted across the HUGE span of space between the bathroom and bedrooms (haha) and squeezed through our straw sized hallway, all while trying not to slip and fall in my socks.

I got to the window and sure 'nuff .... snow was falling O so gently! I stood and watched for a minute (immediately realizing I had no camera to document this historical moment in my life!) and threw on my sneakers and sleeping back coat, flew down three flights of stairs and out onto our front stoop .... blackberry in hand, Mom on speed-dial, "It's snowing!"

So surreal .... there's not enough to stick, but still: my first EVER snow fall and its in NYC at Christmas time. Doesn't get much better than that =)

Oh btw: I didn't forget, the bathroom did get cleaned =) momentary distraction.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! So glad you finally got to experience the official onset of Christmas in NYC! Can't wait to hear how excited you will be about snow come February ... lol. Enjoy honey! Nothing quite like a snow fall to bring a touch of quiet to even the busiest of cities. Missin' you & wishin' I could have seen the snow fall too. xoxo Ma

Unknown said...

My text message was pretty sorry! I guess I pressed "DONE" at the wrong time, twice. I remember my first snowfall in Alexandria, VA while Bill was at the Pentagon. I called him right away, so excited. He had to drive home in it :-( but I just sat and watched it collect on the top of the fence. I was always the driveway shoveler and rarely minded it. I'm happy you are getting to see it all. Soooo beautiful! Luv Ya

JW said...

How fun. To see your first snow fall. Excuse my ignorance but don't you have a built in camera with your blackberry? Just enjoy it for what it's worth and be extremely careful with the snow and ice. Before you know it, you could be viewing everything from a position you really don't want to be in... We sure love you Kayla and enjoy the excitement you have brought into our lives. That goes for Brooke too. You both are so very special. Take care and enjoy...
Love
J&D