Saturday, April 28, 2007

How it All Began

At the end of April 2007, during Spring Break (which was spent w/ Dad up North), we decided to take a stab in the dark and visit one of FORD San Francisco's open calls. For years I have been encouraged to try modeling--by family, friends and strangers! Still, I cannot begin to explain how nervous I was! A little like walking into a lion's den :P Turns out I had nothing to fear. Jay met with me for about 30 minutes and needless to say, we hit it off rather well. The agents watched me walk and, a few dozen polaroids later, I was told to check in again in about a week. New faces need to be circulated through the management in all locations and it takes time. So when we got in touch a little later, Jay had a photo shoot set up and my contract in the mail! My first casting (and booked job) was for Saks Fifth Avenue the first week in May, the same day as the show I had another photo shoot! Since then I have been working steadily and the term "Organized Chaos" has become my motto. And so the chain of dreams begin to come true ... I still pinch myself every now-and-again :)

No comments: