Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Kodak Moments

Hello lovelies!

Do you remember me? I bet ya'll think I've forgotten about you ... not true! Don't believe the rumors =) I have been so busy blessed by life lately! First off, I have a job now in the 805 area code. I'm working at a historic inn as their restaurants' Hostess/Barista. I'm really enjoying the morning shifts: 6:15am to 2pm ... I know! A I must be a lil crazy to actually enjoy waking up a quarter to 5 in the morning. So be it. Today I just finished my week of training so I have tomorrow off and then begin my very own shift on Friday eve. Exciting :) It's nice to have a schedule and a biweekly paycheck to count on. Below is a pic of 1 of 3 trainers, this is Sammy (Samantha) who I am replacing because she decided to become a busser at the restaurant. So we still get to work together often - yay! This was taken in the "801" coffee shack ... I don't know why it's called the "801" I'll get back to ya on that!
Okay, you've been so patient with me ... let's see ... CHRIS! lol Wow I am so beyond blessed. After nearly 3 years of single life ... the Lord has truly proven Himself faithful despite my imperfect patience, pity parties, and doubt. Chris and I met on a blind date. So funny really. A mutual friend who I met through another mutual friend, via facebook, long distance, while I was still in New York and they were in Chicago. Once we moved back to the Central Coast (literally within the same week of each other!) They set Chris and I up on a double blind date matchmaking thing and whatdya know ... about a month later Chris asked my father for permission to court me. I am so blessed beyond measure by this man. Of course, Matt and Melody are SO excited that they made such a good match between Chris and I! I've also become fast friends with them both. Melody and I are two lady-souls, kindred spirits, sisters of the heart, crazy whatchya macallits :) She and her husband, Matt, are such a blessing! Not to mention beyond bunches of fun. Never a lack for laughter when we're all together =) Such good good solid Christian fellowship! Thank you Lord Jesus for Your provision.^“The real test of friendship.^
Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?”
- Eugene Kennedy

^This is Matt and Melody's English Pointer/Rottweiler mix pup, Norman! ^
He's almost 3 months old and is such a love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very glad I looked at your blog. It has been a long time since I've checked it. Your happiness shines through. Norman is absolutely adorable. Great shot of you totally relaxed and content :-). It's wonderful to see what the Lord has done in your life since you returned home. We were happy to "just" get you back but now we get to be witnesses to your joy. We sure appreciate that! Luv ...