1) I got my hair cut and dyed! Whatdya think of "Cinnaberry"? It's my colour :) It looks much shorter in this picture than it actually is, not to worry - the length is still long and I hope to get it looooongeeerrrrr.
2) As I'm sure ya'll who have ever had my mothers' cooking can attest, I've been kinda enjoying being home :) I've gotta say, size 6 is on its way back... and I'm so happy it suits me. I've also loooved getting my hands dirty in the kitchen again cooking w/for the family.3) Finally! All of my NYC boxes have been unpacked and most of the junk has been moved into their new homes. Now that all that's out of the way, I can begin my ISSA Personal Trainer certification program with full focus and determination! I am very excited about this course and look forward to the knowledge it will provide me with in the field of fitness - to better help others and myself. Looks like I even have a few clients lined up already :) thx guys!
4) I am formulating my resume for job applications and am hopeful, even in this economy. The Lord has a plan! I am hoping for a summer position to help gain financial grounds before the Fall Semester of school starts...
which brings us to # 5) ... I have been researching my career in Radiologic Technology and am pleased to announce that my plan to attend SBCC (Santa Barbara City College) continues to prove the best option - lucky me! What I need to determine now, is what/if I can accomplish credits cheaper at Hancock while living at home before I transfer my transcript to SB... or just jump in with both feet! We'll see soon 'nuf!
Okay, apart from the big stuff :)
-- Mama fixed me up quick with an In-N-Out Burger (right after the plane landed!) sweet California nectar... cures anything.
-- Right now, my toes are painted a sports car shade of red w/ white pin-stripes down their middles LOL I had fun with that, and it looks cute too!
-- I am currently in the process of designing (with help from sister, family, and friends) my "Faith" Tattoo (more on this to come! Stay tuned!)
-- I'm thoroughly enjoying catching up with friends and spending time together. It is good to be with the family; routine and schedules are hectic and crazy... being together makes it liveable :)
-- I haven't worn makeup since I've been home!
-- Almost caught up on the Country Music Charts and the genre's new songs/artists ... deprived for too long. It's just inhumane to take Alan Jackson from a California girl and expect sanity!
-- A picnic trip to Montana de Oro provided the optimal opportuntiy to break the law, compliments of a California Poppy picking escapade - the orange smiles tucked behind my ear gave freedom a new colour. The horizon I missed so direly brought tears to my eyes and blood to my bones. Alone for miles and miles, a familiar Still Small Voice brought to me by the wind and the waves. I didn't feel alone at all - in all the silence, there was peace. Try this sometime: stand as close to the unprotected cliffs edge as you dare, arms out kamakazee style, lift your face to the heavens, close your eyes and just listen to the sound of the waves and wind break against only the rocks and, then, your voices' stress relieving SCREAM crescendos across the glass topped ocean towards the horizon! Such an invigorating sensation. Let go. Open your eyes. Drop your arms. Look straight ahead, unwaveringly. Watch as your voice carries all inner turmoil, stress, anxiety and fear away, entering the seacliff surroundings that are entirely unchanged by the minor disturbance.... breathe in the unaltered perfection. Feel small and insignificant. Feel loved and cherished. Fearfully and wonderfully made. Feel challenged and healed.
It's been too cold to get a tan... but it'll come, wait for it! LOL xoxo
1 comment:
Welcome home precious one. What a joy it was to have time with you today. You can take the girl out of Cali but you can't take Cali out of the girl. Isn't that nice to realize? You have your feet on the ground and your plans are beginning to take shape. God will cut out any unnecessary stuff and confirm the road ahead. We love you and are so proud of you for many, many, reasons. G'ma
Post a Comment