Monday, February 04, 2008
January Happenings
Well, January was a little more productive than December (lol) but still no paid work. The 3rd was a Vogue Show casting in LA. The 9th was a print casting for fashion spread in the SF chronicle - was SOOO close to getting that one. Photographer put me on hold and then the client wanted the other girl (ugh). But I still may get a shoot with the photographer because she told me/jay I was her favorite and she wants to test with me. So we shall see.
I am now the FORD san francisco runway coach!
The 16th was a GAP casting. The show would be in Dallas, Texas. Wanted it really badly but apparently, I found out later, it was a men's show ... NO girls from SF were booked--they were all from Dallas. The 18th was a meeting with Mervyn's @ the agency in SF--they wanted to look at different girls/guys they hadn't previously used for the catalog. It went well--encouraging feedback--but haven't heard anything.
The 25th was a trip to LA for a print client request casting and a Luis Vuiton request show casting.
FINALLY I get something productive! I was chosen for a vintage bridal shoot on the 28th. SO FUN. Incredible crew and very positive/encouraging feedback. Film instead of digital--a first for me!--simply a magical shoot and I am very excited to see the film.
The 29th was nightmare on 101 lol
1) my runway class was cancelled
2) I got trapped in traffic and was on the 101/205 for about 6 hours ... resultedly missing a very important casting in SF for Macy's. Completely out of my control and yet I was still upset with myself and the situation!
3) On my way home Tuesday night I was in an accident involving a semi-truck. I had taken an offramp (I just wanted an In-n-Out burger!) and was stopped in the left hand designated left turn only lane; the truck was to my right in the designated straight or right turn only lane. He decided to make a left turn from the right lane! His back two drivers side tires slammed into the passenger side of my car. Severely damaging both doors, front fender, and dismantling the side mirror. I was not hurt--thanks to the Lords covering. Now I am trying not to stress out too much ... *haha* ... as I have much traveling already on the books coming up the next few months. We still have details to handle with the insurance companies - but from our research and people we've talked to, its lookin' like ill be investing in a new car. Which, unfortunately, will be demanding of me the money I was saving towards a trip to New York for work.
Im struggling spiritually with the situation. But Im trying to rely on the Lord, His Will is best I know... its still confusing and frustrating. Prayers are coveted!
<3 kayla michelle
I am now the FORD san francisco runway coach!
The 16th was a GAP casting. The show would be in Dallas, Texas. Wanted it really badly but apparently, I found out later, it was a men's show ... NO girls from SF were booked--they were all from Dallas. The 18th was a meeting with Mervyn's @ the agency in SF--they wanted to look at different girls/guys they hadn't previously used for the catalog. It went well--encouraging feedback--but haven't heard anything.
The 25th was a trip to LA for a print client request casting and a Luis Vuiton request show casting.
FINALLY I get something productive! I was chosen for a vintage bridal shoot on the 28th. SO FUN. Incredible crew and very positive/encouraging feedback. Film instead of digital--a first for me!--simply a magical shoot and I am very excited to see the film.
The 29th was nightmare on 101 lol
1) my runway class was cancelled
2) I got trapped in traffic and was on the 101/205 for about 6 hours ... resultedly missing a very important casting in SF for Macy's. Completely out of my control and yet I was still upset with myself and the situation!
3) On my way home Tuesday night I was in an accident involving a semi-truck. I had taken an offramp (I just wanted an In-n-Out burger!) and was stopped in the left hand designated left turn only lane; the truck was to my right in the designated straight or right turn only lane. He decided to make a left turn from the right lane! His back two drivers side tires slammed into the passenger side of my car. Severely damaging both doors, front fender, and dismantling the side mirror. I was not hurt--thanks to the Lords covering. Now I am trying not to stress out too much ... *haha* ... as I have much traveling already on the books coming up the next few months. We still have details to handle with the insurance companies - but from our research and people we've talked to, its lookin' like ill be investing in a new car. Which, unfortunately, will be demanding of me the money I was saving towards a trip to New York for work.
Im struggling spiritually with the situation. But Im trying to rely on the Lord, His Will is best I know... its still confusing and frustrating. Prayers are coveted!
<3 kayla michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment